The Participants screen provides a central dashboard where you can view and manage your participants.
The main screen shows a list of all participants. To get to this screen:
- Go to the project settings.
- Select "Participants."
Segments let you organize your participants into meaningful groups. You can then view a subset of participants, and even perform bulk actions on the entire group at once. See Filtering With Participant Segments for details.
The trash can icons next to each participant let you remove a participant from your project. It is important to understand the difference between excluding and removing a participant, so be sure to check out Excluding and Removing Participants before deleting anyone.
From the participants list, click on any participant to show details for that participant. Individual tabs allow you to perform various management functions.
The "Support" tab assists you in troubleshooting account issues and survey responses. On this tab, you can:
- Enter survey data on behalf of a participant. (Using Coordinator-Entered Surveys)
- Send a password reset email.
- View device and linked account information. (Viewing Participant Devices and Linked Accounts)
Task List Tab
The "Task List" tab shows a participant's assigned survey tasks. On this tab, you can:
- View the status of all survey tasks assigned to a participant. (Viewing and Closing Survey Tasks)
- Close survey tasks. (Viewing and Closing Survey Tasks)
Survey Results Tab
The "Survey Results" tab shows detailed survey responses. On this tab, you can:
- See what survey results have been collected for a participant. (Viewing and Printing Survey Results)
- Print survey results. (Viewing and Printing Survey Results)
Sensor Data Tabs
Certain sensor data services have dedicated tabs for managing participant sensor data: Apple Healthkit, Location Tracking (for Apple Location Tracking), and Google Fit. Other sensor data services have dedicated tabs. On these tabs, you can:
- See what sensor data has been collected for a participant. (Viewing Sensor Data)
Participant Info Tab
The "Participant Info" tab shows basic participant information, like demographics. On this tab, you can:
- View and update participant demographics. (Viewing and Editing Participant Information)
- View and edit custom fields. (Viewing and Editing Participant Information)
- Exclude a participant's sensor and survey data from your data exports. (Excluding and Removing Participants)
Auxiliary Data Tab
The "Auxiliary Data" tab lets you manage participant data collected outside of MyDataHelps surveys, such as sensor data collected from in-clinic monitoring devices. On this tab, you can:
- Upload and manage auxiliary data files. (Auxiliary Data Files)
Participant Link Tab
If your project allows participants to complete surveys through participant links (without installing the MyDataHelps app or creating an account), the "Participant Link" tab lets you manage those links. On this tab, you can:
- View the unique survey link assigned to the participant. (Completing Surveys using Participant Links)
The "Notifications" tab helps you troubleshoot issues with SMS, text, or email notifications sent to participants. On this tab, you can:
- See the status of notifications delivered to the participant. (Using Participant Notifications (SMS, Push, Email))