Participants normally complete their surveys using the MyDataHelps website or app, either on their own device or using a shared device in a lab or other clinical setting. Participant links allow participants to complete surveys on the MyDataHelps website without ever creating an account or installing the app.
Enabling Participant Links
To allow participant links for your project:
- Go to your project settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Check the box for "Allow Survey Completion via Link."
Finding the Participant Link
A unique, project-specific survey link is assigned to each participant. You will need to give this link to the participant, usually via email, before they can complete their surveys.
The survey link gives a participant access to all their incomplete surveys in your project; they do not need a different link for each survey. If they participate in multiple projects, they will need a different link for each project.
To find the participant's web survey link:
- Invite the participant, if you haven't already.
- Go to the participants tab of the project settings.
- Select the participant.
- Select the "Participant Link" tab.
- Send the link to the participant, typically via email.
In addition to the participant's unique survey link, the "Participant Link" tab also shows a QR code. If the participant's phone/tablet has a QR scanner app, they can scan this image to access the link.
You can click on the survey link text box to copy the link to your clipboard and easily paste it into an email/document for the participant. To copy/paste the QR code into an email/document, you'll need to use your browser's right-click or control-click menu to copy the QR image.
Using the Participant Link to Complete Surveys
To complete surveys via the web link, the participants will need to:
- Open the MyDataHelps website by either:
- Clicking on the survey link from an email/document.
- Entering the link into their browser's address bar.
- Scanning the QR code using a phone/tablet with a QR scanner app.
- Select a survey from the list.
- Complete the survey in their web browser.
The survey link automatically identifies the participant, so they don't need to log in.