You can make your survey available in multiple languages. The MyDataHelps app will select the appropriate language based on the language settings in the participant's device or browser, but you must provide title and text translations for your survey steps within RKStudio.
You may only modify survey logic (step identifiers, navigation/validation rules, choice values, etc.) in the default language. These changes will be carried over to all languages to keep the survey logic and identifiers consistent.
To translate your survey into additional languages:
- Open your survey in the Survey Editor.
- Your survey will initially be in the default language (usually English).
- Select Add Language and choose a language.
Your survey will switch to that language. Menu and button prompts in the preview pane will change to the selected language, but the question text will still be in the default language.
- Enter language-specific text for each survey question in the Properties pane. Any text left blank will use the text from the default language.
- Save the survey.
- Add additional languages if needed. You edit your survey in different languages by selecting the language name from the list at left.