RKStudio can automatically export participant survey results and sensor data from your project so you can perform detailed data analysis or archive.
RKStudio uploads exported data to its secure data storage system. You can access it through the Project Settings -> Export History screen, as described in data analysis. You can optionally configure RKStudio to also upload a copy of the data to your own private Secure FTP server using SFTP.
RKStudio's data export feature performs only incremental exports. Incremental exports contain only new data generated since the last export. For example, if you set your export interval to weekly, each export will include only data for the prior week. For this reason, we advise enabling data export before you start collecting data. Your first incremental export will include all of the data since you began collecting project data.
If you are ever in need of a full data backup, contact CareEvolution's support team.
Data Export Settings
To set up data export:
- Go to the "Projects" screen and select the "Project Settings" tab.
- Select "Data Export."
- Select your export settings, described below.
- Click "Save" to save your settings.
|Incremental Exports||See “Incremental Exports” below.||None, Daily, Weekly, Monthly|
|Export Format||See “Data Formats” below.||CSV, JSON|
|UTC Offset||See “UTC Offset” below.||00:00 (midnight) UTC|
|Upload to SFTP Server||See “SFTP Upload” below.||Yes/No|
|SFTP Username||See “SFTP Upload” below.||rkstudio|
|SFTP Password||See “SFTP Upload” below.||pleasemakeasecurepassword|
|SFTP Server||See “SFTP Upload” below.||yourhost.com|
|SFTP Port||See “SFTP Upload” below.||22|
|SFTP Directory||See “SFTP Upload” below.||/home/rkstudio|
RKStudio will perform an incremental export at the prescribed interval.
If you select Weekly or Monthly as the interval, you can select which day of the week/month you want the data to be exported.
Your first incremental export will include all of the data since you began collecting project data.
Data will be exported at the next scheduled interval. For example, if you set up your project to export data monthly on the 1st, and it's currently the 2nd, your next export will not occur for almost a month. If you select 'none', you will not receive any data exports.
RKStudio can export data in either Comma-Separated Value (CSV) or JSON format.
- CSV format is easy to import into common spreadsheet applications.
- JSON format is well-suited for programmatic analysis.
See data analysis for detailed information about the data files and example data.
By default, exports are performed at midnight UTC on the selected interval (daily/weekly/monthly). You can select a different time of day by changing the UTC Offset setting.
RKStudio will never export less than 24 hours worth of data. If you're using daily exports, changing the UTC Offset may push your next export back a day.
To set up SFTP upload:
- Check "Upload to SFTP Server."
- Enter all the necessary server information, including username, password, server address, and the directory where exports should be stored. The default port number for SFTP is 22 and you should not need to change this unless your SFTP server has an unusual configuration.
- Click "Test Upload Settings" to perform a test upload to the server.
- Check the specified directory on your SFTP server to ensure the upload was successful.