A project is the vehicle that lets you invite participants, schedule delivery of surveys to them, and report data collected in the surveys. An organization can have multiple projects, and surveys can be re-used among them freely.
Create a Project
Once you've created a survey, the "Home" dashboard will prompt you to create a project.
Enter a project name and select "Add Project." This will bring up the project editor.
There are a host of project options available. At minimum, you must enter the following:
- Display Name - Enter a name that will be displayed to participants.
- Consent Survey - Select the consent survey that informs (and optionally records consent for) how participant data will be collected and used.
- Enable Platforms - Select which platforms the project will be available on.
Projects using Active Tasks are only available on iOS.
Click "Save" when you've entered all the project information.
From the project screen, you can schedule the delivery of surveys.
There's no need to schedule the consent survey; it is presented to the user before they enroll in the project.
For the sample sleep project, you can set it up to deliver the sleep time survey once a week and give them five days to complete the survey. Make the start date tomorrow.
Select Sensor Data
When creating a project, you have the option of collecting passive sensor data from participants who join your projects.
The availability of sensor data depends on what device the participant is using, and requires that the participant agree to share the data with the MyDataHelps app.
For the sample sleep projects, you might be interested in collecting the participant's physical activity (steps and distance) or sleep analysis from Apple Health.
Finally, the projects screen allows you to manage participants in the project. You can issue invitations, see which invitations have been accepted, and view a summary of project participation.
To get started, you can invite yourself to the sample sleep project:
- Select "Invitations" from the project settings screen.
- Enter a single column of Comma-Separated Values (CSV) data containing your own email, as shown:
- Click "Preview and Send Invitations" to review and accept the list.
You should receive an email inviting you to join the project. Repeat this process to add more participants, one per line in the CSV data.